- 1). Pay a visit to your doctor. Tell him the problems that you have been having and he may be able to prescribe you some medication that will help you to get back on track.
If you are already taking medication for depression, stress or anxiety, he may want to change your dosage or change your medication.
- 2). Spend some time alone getting in touch with your thoughts. If you have children, send them away for a weekend with the grandparents.
- 3). Write down your feelings. Don't skip anything. Write down everything that has happened. Also, you should make a list of all the good things that have happened to you in your life. Reflect on all the good things and remember that nothing is permanent except change.
- 4). Take long walks. Getting out into the sunshine is important for good emotional health. Exercise is also one of the great combatants of depressions. Taking long walks outside will help you to remain in a calm state of mind.
- 5). Pamper yourself. Take a long, hot bath and read your favorite book. Escape into a funny movie to take your mind off your troubles. Eat your favorite foods and concentrate on taking care of you and noone else.